Summary

SUMMRY: This story is a continuation of "Edward Cullen, Dick for Hire" - if you haven't read that one, you may not "get it" in this one. "What happens when the love of your life becomes your partner in crime solving?" AH, BxE Humor, Romance, Action, Mystery - Rated M for Language, Mature Themes and serious fuckery.

*originally posted to fanfiction.net 8.31.2010*


(I do not own these characters this is simply a work of fanfiction)


Chapter 18 ~ To Hell in a Fucking Body Bag


Cullen POV


"I'mmmm 'Enry the eighth I ammmm…" I sang slowly and quietly to myself, as I peeked around the dark corners of the cabin I'd just broken into.
Making no sound.
At all.
I was like a stealth bomber, ladies and gentlemen.
"'Enry the eighth...I ammmm, I ammmm..."
Was I losing all sense of what little sanity I had left?
It was very highly fucking possible, my friends, I'm not gonna lie.
But that typically worked in my favor.
Most days, anyway.
At least, that's what I liked to think.
Sometimes.
Anyway...
I pushed open a slider to some sort of…pantry or something and tried to ignore the aroma, lingering…of…something really fucking excellent smelling, as I did it.
"I got married to the widow...next doooooorrrrrr..."
Nothin'.
And when was the last time I'd eaten?
I was really fucking hoping this was the right cabin.
'Cause you know, if it wasn't, that'd be some seriously awkward shit. Not to mention, I'd probably end up in jail faster than Tom Cruise’s crazy talk can go viral on You Tube.
If ya know what I'm sayin'.
"She's been married seven...times before..."
I pushed a curtain to the side of a Bay window I passed, seein' if anyone was behind it.
Nnnnnnope.
Didn't matter...wherever they were. Either way, the Colt was ready, and so was I.
And hey, don't knock the singing, by the way…it calms the goddamn nerves.
"And evvvvv...eryone was an ‘Enery..."
'Enery.
It also focused my anger as an added fucking bonus, too…got me thinkin' about Jess's fate, which felt like forever ago, now…and Emmett…and the possibilities of who he might be tangling with, at that very moment.
Gave me somethin' to motivate my ass to get this shit over with as fast as fucking possible.
"She wouldn't 'ave a Willy or a Sam..."
No Sam.
I hadn't actually planned on being inside that cabin quite so fast, but I'd hit a creaky board out on the deck and that was when the lights had gone out, inside, so I figured, what the hell, they knew I was there at that point, I may as well break and enter.
Right?
"I'mmmm her eighth old 'Enery...'Enery the eighth...I..."
And with any luck, I could get this kid from wherever they were holding her and back outside before Swan even had to…
"Am."
Movement shut my inner babblefest off and I stopped the sneaking…singing…and thinking…and just…listened.
Closet somewhere, maybe.
I waited some more and then heard the movement again, only this time, it was making its way back out to the main area of the cabin.
Toward yours truly.
I only heard one set of footsteps, which was a plus...so my instincts told me, whoever it was, had hidden Kate, and now they were ready to fucking rumble.
Which was a-oh-motherfuckin-kay by me.
"Come out, come out, wherever you arrrrre…you waskally wabbit," I taunted them, as I held the Colt up with both hands, ready to shoot, if I needed to.
And yeah, possibly even if I didn't need to.
Could ya blame me?
Nothin'.
Maybe they didn't like Bugs Bunny.
"I know you've got the girl, here," I called out, going in another direction with my latest interpretation of Bruce Willis. "It's time for her to go home, asshole."
Still, though, I got…
Nothin'.
"Tough crowd."
Then I decided to stop talking. You know, just in case I was covering up the sound of their movements with my big fucking mouth.
It felt like hours - but I am, after all, one patient motherfucker, so I outlasted their ass and the floor creaked, just around the entryway from where I stood and I threw a punch, with the Colt in my hand, making contact with…
Something.
I liked to think it was the nut fuck's face, but you never know.
There was a grunt…and some kinda…fucking battle cry…and that's when the shit really hit the fan, as they say.
Ever fight in the dark?
I highly suggest not trying that shit at home, kiddies.
It's really not all it's cracked up to be.
Unless you're blind and have spent years upon years of practice, honing all your other fucking senses.
Which I hadn't.
I got cold cocked a couple of times but got some good licks in, too, before I heard Swan's voice and thank fucking God because I'd dropped the Colt and wasn't sure if this dill weed had a gun on him or not.
But he probably did, so…you know…
She found a light switch and sure as fuckin' daylight would shine again, it was my good friend, and hired gunman..."James."
That was a joke.
I don't think that guy has any friends.
"Fuckin' knew I'd find you behind this shit," I spat at him and Swan pointed her gun at his head as he locked eyes with me.
I wished like Hell that she'd have pulled the trigger but noooo, she's all…fucking moral and shit.
"Drop the gun and do not…move, James," she told him from behind, under no uncertain terms but he just smiled, not having to look to see who she was.
Part of that scenario bothered the motherfuck outta me.
"Hello, Bella," he said, all, Hannibal fucking Lecter sounding and shit...keeping his eyes on me as he dropped his old as fuck, Wilson and man, I wanted to fucking deck his ass, again.
I bent down and retrieved my Colt and just as I stood up, I caught a blur of motion running out from what I could only assume was the bedroom.
Then screaming ensued.
James made a jump for his weapon, I jumped on James and…
Someone was jumping Swan.
"What the! Get off of me!" she screamed as the person…a girl I was guessing, from the sounds of the shrieks she was making…piggy backed onto Bella and grabbed at her hair.
"Jesus!"
"Leave him alone!" the girl screamed and I had to fucking pause for just a few seconds.
'Cause, while I'm all for a good goddamn cat fight, once in a while…that shit was not smart on this girl's part.
And if I was deducting correctly, why the fuck was Kate attacking Swan, anyway?
Did she think we were her captors?
Had she lost her damn mind?
Maybe he was druggin her.
I had my own scuffle to worry about with the dick wad of the century wrestling my ass over his piece but damn…shit was not making sense…all over again.
Fucking seriously.
I got some leverage and elbowed James's jugular, throwin’ him off of me, as he chocked and scrambled to gain his balance, again.
Swan managed to flip the spider monkey off of her back and get a good hold on her so she couldn't wriggle away and I pulled the Colt up to James's head as he started to get up, cocked it and was ready to pull the trigger, when I told him, "Say goodnight, Gracie."
But then…
"STOP it!"
It was definitely Kate.  And she sounded desperate, I noticed, as I hesitated to make sure it wasn't Swan that was screeching at me.
I mean, I couldn't imagine why it would have been Swan…but like I said…you never fucking know, apparently, lately.
I turned to her, blood pumping, adrenalin rushing, anger spewing…and said to her…in a very…well, polite for me, anyway, kinda way… "Come the fuck again?"
Swan's face was twisted with confusion but as she and I locked eyes for a second or two, she looked just as fucking pissed and pumped up as I was when Kate answered me, still trying her best to free herself from Swan's strong hold on her ass.
“You…you can’t kill him! Please!”
Was she seriously begging for this dickhead’s life?
“And exactly why the hell is that?” I asked, genuinely fucking curious, then.
At the top of her goddamn lungs, she told me.
"Because, you asshole…he's protecting me!"
"What?"
And yeah, that was at the same bat time, same bat channel that Swan and I both asked that fucking question.
Swan's hold on the Spider Monkey slackened and Kate pulled away from her, running to James.
And I…was…fucking…lost.
"I'm confused."
"What's there to be confused about, Cullen?" James asked, sarcastically, as he silently assured our victim that he was alright.  “The girl knows where her bread’s buttered, is all.”
"You are…Kate Mendez, right?" I asked her, ignoring him and she nodded.
And was…scared.
Of us?
James rolled his eyes.
"Kate…we're the good guys," I told her with my gun still pointed at Nut Fuck.  My mind still trying to catch up on this bullshit. "We're here to take you home."
"I don't think so," she said, grabbing a hold of James's arm and I had to scratch my head at that one, looking to Swan for something.
Anything.
Reassurance that I hadn’t been sucked into the Twilight Zone, maybe?
But all she did was shrug at me, so I re-adjusted the fucking Colt, in James's direction…because shit if I knew what the hell was happening, but I wasn't gonna lose this fight, again.
"Settle down, Cullen," he told me. "I'm not going anywhere."
But my Colt wasn't leaving the aim of his temple until I'd gotten some goddamn answers about that shit.
"Ya got that fuckin' right," I advised him.
"Kate," Swan interrupted and Kate, who looked…a little disheveled, maybe, but not abused or…brain washed…at least that I could fucking tell…turned her attention to my partner.
In life…and ridiculously fucked up situations, apparently.
"Are you alright?" she asked her. 
That was all it took.
And, let the water works…begin!
I swear to fucking god, all a woman has to do is ask another woman if she's alright, and something snaps.
The fuck twat and I exchanged a look and the girl ran to Swan like a baby to her mama and hugged her tight, bawling into her shoulder.
"I'm gonna make her some tea, I think," Swan mouthed over to me and then the two of them made their way to the kitchen for some girl time, I supposed.
Which, again…fine by me.
Seein' how I don't do girl time.
Unfortunately, though, that left me with…the dick twat.
"You wanna tell me what the fuck is goin' on here?" I inquired and he let out some air, retorting back, "You wanna lower your weapon, there, cowboy?"
Asshole.
I uncocked it, after a minute, then lowered the Colt and James pushed his sleeves up before finding the couch, running his hands through his hair like he was scratching an itch.
I took a step back…you know, just in case he was.
What?
"I'd ask you to sit," he said, finally, smirking. "Except you probably won't, since I asked you to."
"Dick."
"Whatever." He rolled his eyes and I flipped him the bird.
He was right, by the way, but hell, if I had sat down at that point, he'd think he'd gotten one over on me by playing reverse psychology or some shit…so fuck him.
As the two of us waited for the girls to get back, we sat there, in strained silence for another minute or so before I broke into awkward silence breaking mode.
"So…" I said, letting the crease in my forehead form. " This blonde woman and her husband are watching the news…"
James looked up at me from his fucking couch and cocked an eyebrow.
I ignored him.
"And the reporter says: 'in other news, 2 brazillian men were killed in a natural disaster.'…the blonde gasps," I put a hand to my chest. "then she looks to her husband and says: 'oh my god! how many is a brazillian?'"
I laughed.
'Cause that was one of my favorite fucking jokes of all goddamn time.
"Get it?...how much is a brazillian?"
"Are you insinuating I'm the blonde, in this joke, Cullen?"
"Actually I was insinuating you were one of the Brazillians and that my Colt was the natural disaster…but whatever."
He let out a chuckle at that one and then we went back to awkward silence.
The jokes really only last a minute or so.
Once Swan was back with the girl, I pulled out my cell and told her, "We should probably call your dad," but then she freaked the fuck out again.
"No!"
And I stopped dialing Mendez.
I'd had my suspicions about this shit, now I was about to find out how true they were.
"I mean…" she stuttered, checking with James, who told her, "Go ahead, they're not with DCPD."
And so, you see? I wasn't the only motherfucker who knew DC cops were crooked as a dick with a third arm.
But I digress.
Considering the source.
"Why don't you want me to call your dad, Kate?"
"Because he's…" she swallowed. "He's why I'm here, in the first place, this all his fault."
She had a whole slew of emotions flooding her face, then.
Anger, hurt, broken heartedness…
That one, I almost couldn't take.
And then, it was Swan's turn to scowl, a little. "Why is this his fault?" she asked her. "He's the one that hired us to find you…"
"He only wants to find me so he can turn me over to Aro," she said and hello…plot…you've just officially thickened up, a bit.
Not cool.
So…not fucking cool.
"Think you could expand on that, a little?" I asked her and she let out a heavy sigh. One that a girl her age shouldn't have had to let out because this didn't seem like something one just…gets the fuck over, ya know what I mean?
Then she started her story.
"It was a while ago, now, I guess…or, at least it feels like it…"
She paused and I thought, maybe I was askin' too fuckin' much from the kid…she had been through a lot…but shit if we didn't need this info…so I let her continue.
"I'd just gotten home from a date…" she said and I wondered, along with Swan, probably, if that date had been with Alec.
"I wasn't supposed to be home for a while longer, and I heard my parents talking in the den, so I tip toed, hoping they wouldn't hear me when I went upstairs…"
"You didn't want them to know you were…getting home…early?" I asked because…you know…I never had that problem.
"Things had been…a little strained for a while," she explained. "I didn't really do the confrontations with dad so well, good or bad."
Welcome to the fucking club.
I nodded and Swan put a hand around her shoulders to let her know she had support.
Women, I tell ya.
"Anyway, as I was passing the doorway, I heard what they were talking about…actually, arguing about."
She paused and I goaded her on. "Annnnd?"
"Cullen…" Swan warned me, shaking her head.
What?
"It was about m…me," she finally added. "…and dad's…extracurricular activities with Aro's…business."
"You mean the human trafficking business? Or the drug running business?"
I asked her for two reasons…one, to let her know she didn't need to hide shit from me, and two, to let her know she'd better not try to fucking hide shit from me.
"Both," she told me and then I knew, the kid was on the up and up. She was running scared.
But of what?
Her dad?
"So…you left because your parents were…arguing…" I stated it because, fuck if I ever understood the female species in general, much less an eighteen year old woman with young hormones that she probably didn't even get, herself.
"He said he was trying to get out of the business…things would have gotten better, if you'd just..."
"No….he…" She cut me off but didn't seem to wanna go on and then, it was James who told her she could trust us.
Which…freaked me right the fuck out.
I mean seriously…he's telling this eighteen year old that she can trust us?
Come on.
I cocked an eyebrow at the nut fuck while Kate continued. "He did want to get out…but…the way he was going to get out was by trading with Aro…his freedom for…"
Then she dipped her head and started crying again.
And I fucking got it.
Mother…of…fucking…
"Dickless motherfucker," I said. "He can't man up and fight Aro the right way, so he throws the adopted child out as chum…"
"Pretty much," James said.
My head was fuckin' spinning from that shit.
I mean yeah, I could tell Mendez was a dick, but shit…trading your own daughter? And then what was all that bullshit about loving her…and the tears?
I sat there, deducing about the whole…fucked up…fuckery until I came to what I considered a reasonable end.
I guessed maybe that he'd been desperate, made the shake…but had a change of heart, except it was too late, a deal's a deal with Aro…everyone knows that shit...meanwhile, Kate bolts…and when he tries to tell Aro he doesn't have a fucking clue where she is, Aro offs the Mrs.
Fucked.
Up.
Criminals…they never fucking learn.
"So, where did you come up with the bright idea of bringing Sir Kills a lot of people in to this mess?" I asked her and she told me, "I knew Mr. Volturi used James’s services a lot for…things…my dad has flown him places before…and I looked his contact information up, from dad’s files one night…"
She bit her lip a little and part of me wondered if the girl had some sort of fucking crush on this dick weed.
I shivered.
Fucking gross.
"I pulled all the money out of my savings that I had, first thing the next morning…and I called him…" she shrugged a little. "…made him a deal before Aro could."
"Smart girl," I told her, despite the fact that she's just put all her trust into one of the most non-trustworthy people I had the displeasure of almost bustin' a cap into…
But I smiled, and then James had to add, "I do what I can," to which I made sure he knew that I knew… "Until the fucking money runs out."
We exchanged another look and then Swan piped in with some questions of her own.
Probably trying to change the subject for the near minor.
"So, you haven't been screwing with us?" she asked James and the smirk on his face warned me, I might not be liking was about to come out of his fucking mouth.
"Well, I did…a little, I mean, I had to get your attention, Cullen, I knew Mendez had gone to you and I knew you'd worry your little self senseless until you found her…I couldn’t have that, now could I?"
"So, why the fuck not just pick up the goddamn phone and call?"
"Couldn't risk that kind of contact, as far as Aro knows, I'm just MIA, non-contactable…probably on another job…he just doesn't know the job is for his daughter," he smiled. "If I'd have called you, he'd have known and this whole…charade," he waved a hand, "would have been blown…the girl might be dead by now."
"Well aren't you fucking thoughtful," I said to him, still trying to process the situation.
"We figured you out, the cops might, too," Swan said but he shook his head at her. "I left you clues, and they're not that smart."
Which was fucking true.
"So, the sticky notes…Pup…my car…that was all Aro's guys?"
"Well, not all of it," he teased. "The car bomb was me." And then he grinned and I said, "Yeah? Very nice…that was…" I reached over, grabbed him by the shirt and decked his ass before Swan could stop me. "My. Fucking. Car. Asshole!"
James licked the blood from the corner of his mouth and laughed. "You're so easily riled up, Cullen…I really like that about you."
"Fuck your mother."
"You'd like that, she's dead."
"What's the matter, she couldn't pay your fee to keep her alive?"
"Screw you, Cullen,"
"No. Screw YOU…you fucking…"
Then it hit me, and I had to ask.
"Did you send someone to shoot my dad, dick?"
He let out a huff through his nose at his new nick name, ignoring the jibe. "I haven't had contact with any of Aro's guys, since…"
"That's not what I fucking asked you," I told him and then I got closer. You know, so he could hear me loud and clear. "Did. You. Fucking. Send. Someone…to shoot…my. Dad."
He waited me out, staring me down.
Probably wanted me to take a swing, but I didn't.
Not yet, anyway.
"No, I didn't."
And I wasn’t sure if I believed him…but couldn’t worry about it, just yet.
I stood back up as a disgusted sound came from Swan's direction and she told us, "Okay, can we stop with the school ground idiocy now? And figure out what to do next?"
"I like you, Bella," James said, eye fucking my fucking girlfriend. "We should do business together, sometime."
I went for his throat again but that time, Swan was able to stop me.
"Okay…okay…Jesus…"
She pointed at James. "You…I do not like, don't think for one minute that I haven't forgotten what you did to me, last Spring."
He pouted like a baby who'd just gotten his binky stolen by the cookie monster and said, "That was just business Bella…"
And then she stopped him from continuing. "Say nothing personal, and I will junk punch you so hard your tonsils will leave your body."
I snickered at that shit…she was gettin' good, but then she turned her attention to me and I ceased with the snickering, getting serious for her.
"And you…need some sleep. We’re going to need to be…"
"Okay first of all," I said, pointing at the one person in the room who wasn't on the up and up. "I'm not working with ass wipe, over there...and number two..." Swan raised her eyebrow at me. "I'm not fucking working with that fucking ass wipe..."
She tilted her head at me.
See how I made my point there? There really is no need for a second point in that whole fuckery.
"We really don't have a choice, Cullen, now, do we?" Bella asked me, eying Kate and then me again and I figured she was probably right, since keeping Kate safe was the number one priority at that point and after we all agreed to not kill each other, we secured Kate and the three of us, with guns, made a sweep of the area to make sure Swan and I weren't followed.
Then, sketched out a hazy plan, for the next day.
Kate insisted Swan and I take the bedroom while she slept on the couch and James was supposed to take first watch, which, I was not for, at fucking all, but Swan's persuasion about me needing some fucking shut eye was beyond my own talents of refusal, for the time being.
So, she was supposed to keep an eye on James.
And no, I wasn't on board with that shit, either.
"I don't like this."
"I don't either, Edward, but she's paying him to keep her alive, so we've got that going for us, for now."
"He's gonna fuck us over, I just know it," I said, eyeballin' his ass while he channel surfed.
I was one hundred percent sure he would, I just didn't know when.
"We'll work it out," she told me and I wished I'd felt that confident right about then. As in, it would have been nice to have a fucking clue where the only DC Metro poh-poh that I trusted was, including whether or not he was even alive.
But one thing about what Swan had said was true, that night.
I needed some fucking sleep, so I let it go for the time being, allowing that I could only fucking do, what I could fucking do.
“If he fucking touches you…”
She smiled, kissed me.
And mighta felt me up, a little.
Then said, “He’s not going to touch me, Cullen,” as she gave me one last squeeze, before givin’ me a push toward the bedroom.
And as I was making a bee line for the bed, Kate stopped me.
"Mr. Cullen?" she said, all…fucking kid like and innocent and I told her, "It's Edward, Kate…Mr. Cullen is my…well he's not me."
I laughed a little at that and she smiled before she asked me, "How's my mom?"
And fucking hell.
I just wanted someone to stab me in the eye with an ice pick right about then because that was a conversation I did not wanna have to fucking have.
I looked for Swan…she could have handled this, but was she around?
Shit no, she was off…checking locks and what not with the dick face.
Fuck me.
"Why don't ya come on in, kid," I told her and she followed me, then sat down onto the bed, cross legged and ready to get an update.
Only it wasn't gonna be the update she wanted.
The pain is knowing, my friends.
I can say this because when I found out Jess was really dead, as opposed to just assuming she was all those years…it was like someone had carved an intricate hole into my chest…it held every laugh, every smile and every touch I'd never see, hear or feel from her again…and even though, yeah, there's a little bit of truth that saying about how, time heals all wounds and shit…the hole never quite goes away.
I channeled my inner adult, though, and as I told Kate about her mom's death, I was tortured with the look of complete and utter fucking pain on her face.
One that said she was suddenly hit with the reality that she'd no longer have that maternal connection again, for as long as she lived.
And that she may as well not have the paternal one, either.
She probably hadn’t had a chance to tell her that she loved her, one last time.
Hugged her tight.
Said her “I’m sorries”…shit like that.
But I wasn’t gonna let her go through a whole new bout of guilt, like I had, once.
“She knew you loved her, Kate…mom’s always do.”
She nodded, slowly, letting those words sink in.
"Do you think…do you think my dad did it?" she asked, knowing all the facts about what had been going on, so far from mine and Swan's perspective.
"Can't be sure, kid…but if he did…he'll pay, I promise."
I thought we were done.
Thought I’d said everything that needed to be said…but before I'd had the chance to get up, she threw herself into me, wrapping her small arms around my torso, holding on as tight as she could, blubbering into my shirt.
I heard the sniffling and sobbing and quite honestly, it broke me.
I can't take shit like that.
So I put my arms around her and held her there, quietly, until she was done.
"Your mom made great pie," I said…'cause fuck if I knew what else to say and Kate looked up at me, then. I didn't know if she was ready to cry some more or laugh, so I talked more.
Babbler…remember?
"She uh…gave me a piece of Apple when Swan and I were…when we visited one night…"
"Pie?" she asked and I nodded. "Cinnamon and shit too, it was…fucking awesome."
"I love that recipe," she said, smiling, wiping the snot off of her face and I told her, “Well then, maybe you can make it for me, some day."
She laughed, but it subsided and she took a deep…long…breath in, hiccupping as she did it.
"Thank you Mr…I mean, Edward."
"For What? I just made you cry."
"For assuring me that I made the right decision in leaving when I did…my dad is…" and then she couldn't continue, so I threw one more thing out there…
"Alec said…" and just when I thought she couldn't be pissed off any more than she already was…
She was.
"Don't…trust him…" she pursed her lips at the thought and all that did was reiterate what I'd already felt, in my gut about that guy. "He's…not who he seems to be…"
Mental note.
Kick Alec in the balls for Kate.
Hard.
"The reason I was home early that night I'd over heard my dad? Was because I'd accidentally stumbled across a file on me at Alec's apartment…" she twisted her mouth a little, and her bottom lip was quivering again.
And this dick was lucky he wasn't in arms reach right about then.
She didn't go into what the file said, but then, with me, she didn't have to.
"I'm sorry, Kate." For everything.
And I was, really…fucking…sorry.
For Alec.
Mendez…
And mostly, Aro.
Kate seemed to swallow up all the emotions she'd just been wallowing in, throughout the night, since Swan and I had arrived, straightening herself up and she fucking hugged me…one more time around the neck, tightly before she kissed my cheek, then and ran off to find Swan, probably for some more…fucking tea or something.
And, finally, I was left sitting there, totally fucking confused by the emotional rollercoaster that is…the woman.
Again, I ask you…who can explain that shit?
Jesus.
I was exhausted.
Mostly, from not sleeping in about twenty-four hours, but I'd venture to say, even more so from having to tell the adoptive daughter of a fucking psychopathic dick head who'd been willing to trade her into human trafficking just to get out from under the throws of an even bigger psychopath, that her mom, the only one she ever knew and loved, was dead.
Yay, me.
I didn't bother pullin' any clothes off before letting myself fall backwards onto the bed.
For one thing, if something was to happen, I'd wanna be fucking dressed to fight, or, chase…whichever…and two, I didn't trust an eighteen year old girl to knock first before entering, if she needed somethin'.
While I drifted off to sleep, which, didn't exactly take that long, that night…I thought about shit.
I thought about dad…and Jess…and Emmett, and tried my brother, one more time, before giving up for the day.
Still got voice mail.
"Where the fuck are you?" I whispered, putting the phone up against my head as I lay there.
Then I thought about Mendez and how I could pretty much kiss our pay day goodbye for this case, since there was no way in fucking hell I'd be handing Kate over to his ass anytime soon.
And then Alec…and how he didn't know that we know he was in on this shit.
And how, maybe we could use that to our fucking advantage, for once.
I didn’t hear any screaming or scuffling out in the other room, so that was a good thing.
The quiet that surrounded me, was a welcome change.
The darkness was my fucking hero, for once.
I felt pretty goddamn good, to tell you the fucking truth, all things considered. I mean, we'd found the girl, she was alive and well…sorta…and we were about this close to taking the bad guys down.
Not a bad day's work, if ya ask me.
I just needed to find my brother.
And maybe kick his ass, for goin’ rogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment